- Christmas Celebration In Bowling Green
- Town News
- Visiting the Town of Bowling Green
- Town Calendars
- Rates and Fees
- Town Staff
- Public Safety
- Assistance and Resources
- Tourism & Special Events
- Green Things
Mayor David W. Storke
David W. Storke
David W. Storke was born in Fredericksburg and raised in King George County, Virginia. He is an eleventh generation Virginian who grew up on a portion of a 600-acre land grant given to his 11th great grandfather, William Storke, from the King of England in 1667.
His parents and his brother and family still live on the property today. He is a co-lateral descendent of George Washington and one of his early Storke ancestors owned Stratford Hall Plantation in Westmoreland County – the birthplace of Robert E. Lee.
David began his career in funeral service as an intern with E. Alvin Small Funeral Home, in Colonial Heights, VA. He served his apprenticeship and concurrently attended John Tyler Community College, where he graduated Cum Laude with an AAS Degree in Mortuary Science.
In 1986 he passed his National Conference Board Exam and State Board Exam and became a licensed funeral director and embalmer.
In 1987 he accepted the position of funeral director with the former Powell Funeral Home in Bowling Green. He worked for Dr. Allen Powell for four years, eventually managing the four funeral home locations in Bowling Green, Beaverdam, Tappahannock and Warsaw. In June of 1991, at the age of 25, he purchased the Bowling Green funeral home.
Currently a resident of Bowling Green, and a member of St. Asaphs Episcopal Church, he is married to the former Katie Lane and is the father of four sons, Wesley, Ashby, Gordon and Baylor. In 2006 he was a write-in candidate and was elected Mayor of Bowling Green.
Extremely motivated in his business as well as his community, his credentials are as follows:
- Current Mayor – Town of Bowling Green
- CEO and Founder of The TLC Kitchen, the parent company of SympathyFood.com, GetWellMeal.com and TheMealStork.com
- Member of the Board of Directors of HCA Spotsylvania Regional Medical Center
- Member of the Association of Independent Funeral Homes of Virginia.
- Member of the Virginia Funeral Directors Association.
- Member of the National Funeral Directors Association
- Certified FEMA Mortuary Disaster Coordinator in Virginia
- Founding member of Historic Port Royal, Inc., Board of Directors
- Former President of the Caroline Chamber of Commerce.
- Recipient of Caroline Chamber of Commerce 2001 Business Person of the Year Award
- Past Master of Kilwinning-Crosse Masonic Lodge #2-237 AF & AM
- Past President of H.E.L.P. (Historic Economic Leadership Panel) Bowling Green
- Former Chairman of the Caroline County Emergency Services Commission
- Former Assistant Cub Master of Cub Scout Pack 173
- Former Member of the Board of Directors of Germanna Community College Education Foundation
- Former Member of the Board of Directors of The Community Foundation of the Rappahannock River Region
- Former Member of Board of Directors of the Association of Independent Funeral Homes of Virginia