phone: (804) 633-6212
Melissa was hired by the Town of Bowling Green on July 7, 2014 and was appointed as Town Clerk in 2015 then Clerk Treasurer in 2016. She also serves as Secretary of the Town's Economic Development Authority. She is a member of the International Institute of Municipal Clerks and Virginia Municipal Clerks Association. In 2014, Melissa became a Notary Public for the Commonwealth of Virginia at large.
Melissa has been a Town resident since 2008 and has over thirteen years of bookkeeping and office management experience.
Her duties as Clerk Treasurer include:
- Archiving Town Council documents, official proceedings, ordinances, and resolutions
- Maintaining boards and commissions applications and appointments
- Maintaining Town Council meeting and election materials
- Providing Notary Public services
- Publicizing of legal notices
- Recording official documents